Tuesday 3 August 2010

Scott McCloud

Scott McCloud is one of my favourite artists. I love his work, and I would give anything to draw and write as well as he does. He is far too underrated. 

Scott McCloud's books: "Making Comics" and "Understanding Comics" have pride of place on my book-shelf. They are forever a source of much laughter, and also incredibly useful. I am very into art, particularly cartoons, anime and some western comic books, and I thoroughly love these two books. Not only do they have gallons of information, tips and tricks, but they are hilariously written and illustrated. They have inspired many of my creations!

My father, who also has an incredible blog that you should check out, got me into Scott McCloud. Whilst staying at his, I discovered those two books nestled on one of the many book cases and decided to skim through them. Later, my dad brought me the books for myself. I know that they have helped him as well, as he is also quite the artist. 


In short, thank you, Scott, for being a source of much amusement and also much inspiration in my life. You, most definitely, make the list of my top-ten favourite artists!

No comments:

Post a Comment